- Less weight than a standard BCG
- Nickel Boron finish for ease of cleaning and slickness
- Semi auto cut profile
- Retains forward assist serrations
- Bolt is made from Carpenter 158 steel & includes a tool steel extractor/ejector
- Carrier is made from 8620 steel & has a properly staked key with Grade 8 hardware
- Magnetic particle inspected & batch high pressure tested
- Complete BCG weight 9oz with bolt & parts installed
If you're looking to reduce muzzle rise and felt recoil impulse, a lighter weight bolt carrier coupled with an adjustable gas block will help get you there. The less reciprocating mass helps get you back on target quicker. Some lightweight carriers are skeletonized so much that it sacrifices strength and durability, but that's not the case with the Wilson Combat unit. Also unlike the competition, Wilson has chosen to keep the forward assist serrations, so you can retain the use of your forward assist. The Nickel Boron finish is very durable, slick and has a high Rockwell hardness rating of 70C. This silver finish makes cleaning up a breeze, as carbon has a hard time sticking to it.
We recommend using an adjustable gas block with this carrier, especially if your system is already over gassed. The lower weight of the carrier will make an over gassed rifle feel even worse. Being able to tune out some of the gas will offer less recoil and muzzle rise, as well as saving your operating parts some abuse. A standard weight carbine buffer is what most users will choose for this setup.
For more info and pictures, visit Wilson Combat