- Fully automatic carrier profile, full mass
- Reduces dwell time which lowers chamber pressure
- Shrouded firing pin and dual extractors
- Unique contact rail design to reduce drag
- Bolt has a very resilient coating which helps to extract cartridge cases more reliably
- Cartridge case is fully supported by the face of LMT's Enhanced Bolt
The LMT enhanced bolt carrier group offers many features that others don't match. The major feature that helps LMT's BCG's to run very fluidly under adverse conditions and also fully automatic fire is the bolt design. LMT made relief cuts on on the locking lugs so that carbon build up has a lessened affect on lock up, as well as added an extra extractor spring to help with rim pressure. Contact rails have also been re-designed to reduce the drop of the carrier in the receiver. The cam pin pathway has been slightly re-designed to lengthen the time it takes to open the bolt, reducing back pressure and blow-back into the upper receiver. This carrier is designed for 14.5" & 16" carbine rifles to help fix the over-gassed characteristics, especially when using a suppressor.
We have had good results using this carrier group with 300BLK SBRs due to the longer dwell time.