- VLTOR MUR-1S thick-wall forged upper receiver
- Midwest 15" lightweight keymod hand guard
- Stretch 16 melonite precision barrel
- Wilson Combat semi-auto bolt carrier group
- SLR melonite gas block and compensator
- BCM/VLTOR Gun Fighter charging handle
- Test fired with 20 rounds to ensure proper function
All Strong Side Tactical complete upper receivers are assembled in-house with specific parts that we want to achieve a certain goal. We decided to build this upper assembly with a VLTOR receiver that has no forward assist because it gives a slick appearance and we feel that there are very few times an assist is needed. The Midwest Industries hand guard is lighter than many other options and since it is free floated, works very well in conjunction with the Stretch Precision 16" barrel. Wilson Combat's semi-auto bolt carrier group is one of the best mil-spec style groups on the market. The SLR gas block and compensator both do exactly what it needed when it comes to heavy use and the BCM charging handle allows for a improved manipulation when compared to other options.
If you have a different idea of what your upper receiver should look like, give us a shout on the phone or via our Contact Page and we'll get you a quote for the exact full-custom upper assembly you want. Everything from custom colors to engraving and parts, we can get you squared away to get the prefect setup.
* Actual receiver shown in pictures, compatible with billet or forged lowers
* Barrel nut wrench, short picatinny rail section, stickers and VLTOR key chain included