- Hand lapped bore and match chamber
- Melonite treated inside and out
- Concentric muzzle threading
- Nitride gas tube with roll pin included
- Carbine length gas system
- Custom barrel profile - 8 sided fluting
- Flat spot for a set screw gas block & 1.8" long journal
- Made by McGowen for Strong Side Tactical
- Caliber - .223 Wylde
- Length - 11.5"
- Twist - 1:8
- Gas Block OD - .750"
- Gas Length - Carbine (Black nitride tube included)
- Rifling - Button rifled & lead lapped
- Profile - Custom w/ 8 sided straight flutes
- Finish - Melonite
- Material - 416R Stainless Steel
- Weight - 25 oz
This barrel is intended for use with pistols or registered SBRs
You are responsible for knowing and following all NFA guidelines
All NFA rules apply
Strong-Side Tactical is now offering a premier, custom barrel that is chambered in .223 Wylde and made to be the foundation of a very accurate rifle. These barrels are hand lapped, which is proven to aid in accuracy, reduce barrel break-in, reduce carbon & copper buildup and is the standard when it comes to precision barrels. The Melonite treatment lowers the coefficient of friction and extends barrel life over other bore coatings. The 1:8 twist will stabilize a wide variety of different bullet weights very well. Concentric muzzle threading is very important for use with a suppressor and you shouldn't settle for cheap imitations that have horrible POI shifts. Our custom barrel profile includes a carbine length gas system which will more reliably cycle a wide variety of ammunition. The 8 sided fluting helps to reduce weight and increase surface area to help with cooling.