- Carrier : The enhanced bolt carrier helps reduce tilt and cant by relocating bearing surfaces. The case hardened 8620 has been properly heat treated to retain strength and not harm the material during the process. The cam pin path has been fully chamfered to reduce friction further. The Titanium Nitride (TiN) coating is very hard, slick and easy to clean, while leaving a bright gold finish.
- Gas Key : Made from 4130 steel and held in place by Grade 8 hardware, the gas key is made to be reliable and strong. The milled valley helps make the staking even stronger. Helping smooth things out is a rounded leading edge. Titanium Nitride also coats the gas key for ease of cleaning.
- Bolt Assembly : True MilSpec dimensions, but machined from 9310 case hardened steel and made to the highest quality, tightest tolerances possible. The bolt is CNC'd after the heat treating, which is rough on tooling, but better for the bolt. The trumpet area, behind the gas rings, has been smoothed out after the heat treatment as well. This will reduce the amount of carbon build up because of less surface imperfections to attach to. The entire bolt is shot peened and treated with Manganese Phosphate.
- Extractor : The Manganese Phosphate extractor has been precision machined from 4340 steel and has been properly MPI and HPT inspected. The spring and o-ring are both standard MilSpec.
- Cam Pin : Rounded profile cam pin is made out of 4340 steel and rides smoothly in the chamfered section on the carrier.
SLR's Premium bolt carrier group has many key features that enhance the operation, ease of cleaning and looks over a standard carrier group. The finishes, machining and little tweaks make this a very good option for any build. SLR has been known for high quality parts for years, and this one is no different.
For for info, visit SLR RifleWorks