- Tunability of your operating system
- Enhances the reliability of your platform
- Roller-burnished bore to reduce friction
- Melonite treated for less friction
- Increased bearing surfaces
- Forward assist serrations
- Weight: 10.7 oz.
6.5 Grendel Bolt
- Chromium Nitride finished
- SAE 9310 steel (extends the lifetime of bolt)
- Superior lug geometry for exceptional lock-up
- Enhanced ejector
- Enhanced extractor
The JP Variable Mass Operating System Carrier is made to allow you to tune the mass of your operating system. This is a great feature if you have built a carbine around an exotic caliber or if you commonly shoot suppressed. This carrier along with a Silent Captured Spring allows you to tune your system exactly how you choose. Because of the many mass options you have, the reliability of your platform can be increased. The melonite treatment of the carrier vastly reduces friction. This means that you BCG will require less preventative cleaning maintenance. If you have a forward assist on your rifle, you have the option to use it unlike many other JP carriers. The JP EnhancedBolt is made from SAE 9310 high-grade steel. This material makes for an extremely hard surface with a tough, ductile core resistant to structural failure and a life expectancy far exceeding Mil-spec 8620-type bolts. SAE 9310 is the same type of steel used in the transmission gears of Formula One race cars, the high-load application of a bolt assembly is ideal for this state-of-the-art material; the results of actual full-auto endurance torture tests prove it.