- Low mass melonite QPQ carrier
- Over sized carrier bearing surfaces
- Enhanced bolt, made of SAE 9310 alloy
- Bolt is finished in Chromium Nitride
- Additional material around cam pin hole
- Enhanced one piece gas ring
- Ideal for rifles with tunable gas systems
- Compatible with Armalite and DPMS patterns
- Weight: 14.4 oz.
The JP Low Mass Operating System is designed for weapon systems that need to operate in top condition. The low mass carrier allows for a lighter recoil impulse, especially when your gas system is tuned correctly. The bearing surfaces are drastically improved when compared to a standard carrier, this making the operation very smooth.The bolt is made from SAE 9310 a high performance steel that is commonly used to manufacture high strength/stress race car parts. It is then treated with chromium nitride which helps to improve function and extend the lifetime of the bolt. For an aesthetically pleasing look and smooth finish, the carrier has been high polished for a slick action. Forward assist serrations are not included on the low mass carrier.
The LMOS is compatible with both DPMS and Armalite, but you should never mix the two types of parts when not buying a complete BCG
For more info, visit JP Enterprises